Sunday, November 16, 2008

For Vincent Schumaker

I rode my bike last Monday at Stone Mountain for about 15 miles. There are more hills than I can shake a stick at and when I'm done, I'm much more tired than I am after completing 30 miles of riding nearby my 'hood.

I haven't posted much since I haven't been on a bike much...and supposedly...this is a cycling blog.

I have plans to attempt to ride on Mondays and Wednesdays from here on out. Well, after this week...this week is a little crazy... We'll see how it goes...I'm trying to stay motivated despite the wind and dropping temperatures.

If I don't get on a bike soon, I'll turn into a hippo/house/blob/really fat person. And that would suck. I earned a lot of fat while making my babies and while I love 'em (the babies), I can do without the fat.

4 comments:

  1. As much as I like getting the extra time with you, I hope you get a chance to ride your heart out soon!

    Love you, darlin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! A post!

    Why don't people like to ride when it's cold? I can't stand the thought of being outside when it's any other way...of course, I've never gone faster than about 8mph, so that might have something to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's colder as crap when you ride a road bike - the faster you are the colder it is. On skinny tires - wind is scary. I'm not saying it's easy to ride when it's hot ut I'd rather be hot than cold any day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you ever get your winter ridin' cloths? UR just gonna have to toughin up lady. Maybe I can bring my youngin' on wednesdays on the trailer and hybrid to Stone mountain or Davidson Arabia, sos we can ride for the "battle of the buldge". KB

    ReplyDelete