Sunday, September 13, 2009

A "Membership Drive" and other random thoughts

What a relaxing weekend! I spent Friday afternoon w/ my husband and my best friend, Saturday I went on a good 50 mile ride in perfect temperatures, followed by a party in the evening to celebrate my best friend's birthday. Today I cleaned house, shopped with the "most boring man" and cooked a delicious seafood paella for dinner. What more could a girl ask for?

Well, how about a buyer for my Jamis? I may have one...but I'm not as happy as I should be. You see, my dh and I have made a financial commitment to get out of debt as quickly as possible. So selling the Jamis makes this easier since I could apply what I make from the sale to what I still owe on my new bike, right? Well....sort of. You see, I don't want to sell the Jamis and I'm not being offered what I decided to ask for it (which I think is a very good price - a steal, as a matter of fact). The bike has sentimental value and although I don't ride it, I don't really want to get rid of it either. I posted it on Craigslist because I feel like it's unfair for me to have it sitting around when selling it would pretty much pay off my Ruby. I gotta keep thinking on this one...maybe I should try ebay?

And while I have your attention, could someone tell me what is the big deal with Vampires? Dh tells me that women love vampires and my recent survey of Borders tells me that he must be right since the teen section (which is geared towards girls b/c boys don't like to read apparently...) AND the romance section AND the sci-fi/fantasy section all seem to be oozing with books about vampires. Not to mention the number of vampire related T.V. shows on lately. I have to admit that I just finished watching season one of True Blood with dh and although I think most of the acting is really bad, I look forward to the next episode. I never realized vampires were such a big thing...?!?!

The birthday party that I attended on Saturday night really got me thinking about my blog's readership. While I was there, a girl named Amy introduced herself to me. When I explained that I was the best friend of the birthday girl, she immediately followed it with "Oh, are you the cyclist with the blog that Heather links to? I read your blog and I really want to become a cyclist". Besides almost peeing on myself because someone I had never previously met admitted to reading to my blog, I got to wondering exactly how many people actually read my blog. I've hinted on more than one occasion that I actually only have two readers but I know for a fact there are at least three...or maybe even four! So I've decided to have a "membership drive" (Hey Roby, get it? LOL!!!). I need for every person who reads my blog to "follow me" or comment to this post so that I get a general count of how many people actually read my blog. If you have a google account and you are logged in, you can click the "follow blog" button you see at the top of my page and I'll be able to easily track my followers. Because some of my readers aren't bloggers (or tweeters, facebook users, myspace aficionado's, or even regular email users), I'll track you guys through your comments. So what's in it for you? Check out all of these great perks:

1) You get a 10% discount on all items purchased at Cristy's bike shop*
2) Free advice
3) Excellent discounts at local restaurants and retailers**
4) The good feeling of knowing that you are amongst a group of people who breathe AND enjoy reading my nonsense.
*Availble for online orders only, excludes the following: bikes, maintenance, sports nutrition, lights, clothing, saddles, water bottles, bike fitting, pedals, shoes, lubricants, tools and all other items.
** Excluding those that maintain reasonable security for their customers who are credit card users


So whose in? :) Seriously.

8 comments:

  1. Got it! Too funny.
    Roby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll never tell that I do.
    KB

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a way with words and much more to say than most give you credit for. JC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure her "I read your blog" confession wasn't the first step in some sort of 12 step program?

    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late, but I'm in as well

    H

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got it too.
    Crash

    ReplyDelete